Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Have a beautiful Earth (Day)

I have had a few people say things to me lately like, "You probably could teach me about the best way to ... recycle/buy organic/understand fair trade/insulate my home using recycled materials/compost/etc." Funny, but, I don't know how to do all of those things without doing, at the very least, a tad of research.
And so I've been doing research. And a lot more research than a tad. Answering those questions, heck, even scraping the surface of the idea of living a green life should be second nature to me. But the truth is: it is not.
However I am learning. I make it part of every day to learn a new way to save water and electricity, make my footprint smaller, consume less, reuse more. It's true that I spend a lot of time on the internet, yet it is chock full of crucial information to assist us in helping to learn about promoting a healthy, sustainable planet. Each of us can lend a hand. Some of us are better at one part than other parts. I am trying to fill the role of learning the basics a little bit better and then passing it along, when asked.
I registered as a volunteer for the Earth Day Network. Too late to be of use to them this year on Earth Day, but I signed up none the less. And I will be of use, that is the point. It's not too late, yet. We can all help save the planet for future generations. But we all must try, even a little.
What part will you be good with?

Have a beautiful Earth (Day).

No comments: